About Sheryl O'Loughlin
As a child, Sheryl O'Loughlin was best known for rushing everywhere and being too impatient to pour milk into a glass before drinking it. As an adult, Sheryl is no less eager. She served as the CEO of Clif Bar, where she introduced the world to Luna bars; she was the cofounder and CEO of Plum Organics; and she is currently CEO of REBBL super herb beverages. One of her favorite roles was mentoring budding entrepreneurs when she was the executive director at the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. With her book, Killing It: An Entrepreneur's Guide to Keeping Your Head Without Losing Your Heart, Sheryl is able to share her advice with a wider group of current and aspiring entrepreneurs all at once, which delights her because, well, it's faster. And that means more time for drinking wine at her Santa Rosa home, and hanging out with her husband and two sons.
Why You Should Listen
In this far-ranging and fascinating conversation, Sheryl and I dive into why she decided to jump in head on as the CEO of REBBL.
We also get into:
- The evolution of the functional beverage space and the importance of clean ingredients, and the power of adaptogens.
- The founding cause behind REBBL and the company’s mission to raise awareness and funds for efforts to end human trafficking.
- Her life experiences as a serial entrepreneur and how she has been able to deal with setbacks and tragedies in both life and business.
- Key lessons she learned throughout her own journey – like why entrepreneurship is like running a marathon.
If you want to learn more about how to maintain a sustainable life balance in business and how to measure the impact of purpose-driven business, this episode is a must-listen!
People/Companies/Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Plum Organics
- Clif Bar
- David Batstone
- Not For Sale
- Regenerative Business by Carol Sanford