About Kathy Freston
Kathy Freston is a wellness activist and writer with a focus on healthy eating and conscious living. She is a New York Times bestselling author four times over; her works include The Lean,Veganist, and Quantum Wellness. A media favorite, Kathy has appeared frequently on national television, including Ellen, Dr. Oz, Charlie Rose, Good Morning America, The Talk, Martha Stewart, Extra, and Oprah. Kathy’s work has been featured notably in Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar, Self, W, and Fitness. She has been a regular contributor to The Huffington Post.
Why You Should Listen
Even if you think you know everything about protein and plant-proteins, I can guarantee you will find this conversation incredibly interesting. In the conversation, Kathy and I discuss:
- The problems with animal protein and what is clean protein.
- Debunking myths and perceived health “truths” around protein.
- What are the best sources of plant proteins and which have more protein than animal products.
- How plant-based meats and “clean” meat stack up against beans and lentils.
- The one nutrient that most Americans actually are deficient in and how to get more of it every day by opting for clean protein.
In summary, this is a discussion about protein that ends all discussions around protein. Kathy shares her insights in an easy to understand way that will help you no matter how much, or how little knowledge you have about nutrition.
People/Companies/Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Get your copy of Clean Protein, HERE
- Bruce Friedrich, Executive Director of Good Food Institute
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Dr. Michael Greger
- Beyond Burger
- Impossible Burger
- Sunshine Burger
- The Blue Zones by Dan Buettner
- Michael Pollan